This course is an excellent starting point for people who wish to pursue careers as accounts administrators. It offers participants the opportunity to develop a broad range of knowledge, skills and competencies which will allow them to work independently in a variety of office environments. They will learn how to carry out tasks in the areas of payroll and accounting. The mix of subjects is designed to provide students with a solid grounding in business as well as a strong foundation in accountancy. These Include: Financial Accounting, Taxation, Law & Ethics, and Business Management. The learning outcomes are firmly focused on enabling participants to gain employment as accounting staff.
| Course Modules.
A combination of training methods is used to deliver this course. These include instructions, presentations, demonstrations, supervised practice, practical work training, discussion groups, role plays, and giving and receiving feedback. Participants are required to actively participate in the learning process and engage in course work outside of course hours. They must complete a number of written exercises throughout the course and keep up-to-date records of their progress. A number of methods are used to assess the participants’ progress and for certification purposes. These include internal theory exams, practical exams, learner records and skills demonstrations.
- A genuine interest in pursuing a career as an accounting technician.
- Reached the statutory school leaving age.
- Good numerical and literacy skills.
- Good verbal and written command of the English language.
- Good team working, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Punctuality, full attendance and a commitment to study are essential to successfully complete this course.
- Previous work experience in an office or related environment is an advantage.
- If under 21 years of age you are required to have a Leaving Certificate with five passes in ordinary level papers. The passes are to include English and either mathematics or accounting.
- Leaving Certificate with four passes of which two are in higher level papers. The passes are to include English and either mathematics or accounting.
- A related QQI Level 5 Award
Accounting technicians enjoy excellent employment and career prospects. Their skills are in demand in large and small companies and organisation across all sector of the economy. They perform a variety of financial roles from financial accounting to budgeting, costing, credit control, payroll and tax returns. Graduates of this course are well positioned to seek employment in a variety of accounts jobs, particularly in jobs that require multi-skilled, flexible and adaptable personnel. Suitably qualifying graduates have the option to progress to year 2 of the course.