This traineeship is aimed at learners entering into the world of Digital Marketing, Digital Sales and Social Selling as well as those already working in these areas who are looking to renew their skills with formal training.
Digital Sales is the use of digital media to attract and engage with current and potential customers, for example online advertising, email marketing, and search engine optimisation. The rich data generated enables granular analysis of what has worked, demanding analytical and creative skills above those demanded in traditional marketing and advertising. There are clear pathways and optional groups in each qualification to support the learners’journey into this sector.
Kerry ETB Training Centre is co-funded by the Irish Government and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF Programme for Employability Inclusion and Learning 2014-2020.
- Career Planning & Job Seeking Skills – Plan and achieve realistic work goals.
- Understanding the Business Environment – Demonstrate an understanding of the business environment and how it impacts on and is impacted by local, national and global economic conditions.
- Understand Legal, Regulatory and Ethical Requirements in Sales and a Marketing Environment – Demonstrate an understanding of an organisation’s procedures for dealing with legal, regulatory and ethical requirements relating to sales or marketing and the legal, regulatory and ethical limits of the role.
- Using Collaborative Technologies – Manage and effectively integrate and facilitate the safe use of multiple IT tools and devices so that groups can work collaboratively.
- Principles of Marketing and Evaluation – Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of market segmentation, how to assess market opportunities for new products and services, the principles of marketing strategy development, and how to evaluate the effectiveness of a marketing strategy.
- Develop Own Professionalism – Develop a range of professional business skills so as to become a more effective e-marketing professional.
- Digital Marketing Metrics and Analytics – Develop the knowledge and skills to understand and utilise campaign feedback data, set up reports and dashboards, and interpret the data presented in the reports and dashboards.
- Delivering E-Commerce Solutions – Develop an understanding of the technologies required and available for e-commerce solutions and the wider implications for a business of introducing e-commerce to their operations. Develop skills to implement an e-commerce solution for a business activity.
- Content Marketing – an important method for driving additional traffic and sales leads to websites and involves giving potential customers something (how to guides, reviews, news, free software, vouchers etc) without selling directly.
- Marketing on Mobile Devices – Demonstrate an understanding of the primary concepts and technologies of mobile technology as they relate to marketing. Describe relevant technologies such as location aware apps and optimised websites, and propose ideas for their use in a marketing campaign.
- Online Display Advertising – or banner advertising, has been a primary internet marketing tool for many years and continues to be relevant for businesses and organisations.
- Principles of Keywords and Optimisation – Demonstrate an understanding of how to implement keywords and/or keyword phrases on a website to maximise optimisation.
- Content Management System (Website Creation) – an introduction to website creation using content management system software (CMS). It includes implementation of keywords, use of templates, blog and measuring success. It also covers an awareness of accessibility.
- Principles of Social Media Advertising and Promotion – Demonstrate an understanding of advertising and promotion within social media sites and the use of digital vouchers for business.
- Search Engine Marketing – is an extremely important channel for e- commerce companies, providing a large percentage of website traffic for a business.
- Email Marketing – is a primary tool in online marketing used to tailor messages customers and new leads. Learners will be expected to be able to demonstrate managing a mailing list, creating a message and use an e-mail marketing service or system to run an e- mail marketing campaign and evaluate its success.
- Project Management – Learners will develop their skills in using management tools to plan, monitor and review projects.
- Work Practice – Develop an appreciation of the requirements, practices and skills required to be an effective member of an e-commerce and marketing team.
This is a full-time traineeship of 48 weeks duration. It includes a minimum of 30% on the job training with up to 10 weeks in-company work placement.
- Reached the statutory school leaving age.
- Achieved the Junior Cert or equivalent – Leaving Certificate is preferred.
- Good numerical and literacy skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Good working knowledge of ICT.
- Passionate about digital communications – online and mobile.
- Previous experience working in a commercial or online environment is an advantage.
- Analytics Team
- CRM and Email Marketing Team
- Digital Agency Account Executive
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Ecommerce Executive
- PPC Search Executive
- Search Manager / SEO Executive
- Social Media Manager or Community Manager
- Web Developer and Web Designer