Digital Marketing is the promotion of products and services using on-line digital media via websites, social media platforms, mobile applications, e-commerce sites and location based services etc. This course addresses the rapid growth and change in digital marketing technology. Participants will get the opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of the theory underpinning digital marketing and the skills required to carry out routine digital marketing tasks and implement digital marketing solutions. It’s for people who wish to pursue digital marketing as a career and those who wish to incorporate digital marketing into their existing range of business skills in order to enhance their career and job prospects.
- Analyse and Report Data – Develop the knowledge and skills to understand, analyse and report research data.
- Brand Development – Develop an understanding of the importance of branding and the skills needed to create appropriate promotional campaigns for existing and new brands.
- Career Planning & Job Seeking Skills – Plan and achieve realistic work goals.
- Delivering E-Commerce Solutions – Develop an understanding of the technologies required and available for e-commerce solutions and the wider implications for a business of introducing e-commerce to their operations. Develop skills to implement an e-commerce solution for a business activity.
- Develop Own Professionalism – Develop a range of professional business skills so as to become a more effective e-marketing professional.
- Digital Marketing Metrics and Analytics – Develop the knowledge and skills to understand and utilise campaign feedback data, set up reports and dashboards, and interpret the data presented in the reports and dashboards.
- Marketing on Mobile Devices – Demonstrate an understanding of the primary concepts and technologies of mobile technology as they relate to marketing. Describe relevant technologies such as location aware apps and optimised websites, and propose ideas for their use in a marketing campaign.
- Online Display Advertising – Create and implement an online display (banner). Understand when to use banner ads, where to locate them, the technical requirements, and industry best practice in terms of ad design. Publish an ad and evaluate its success.
- Principles of Keywords and Optimisation – Demonstrate an understanding of how to implement keywords and/or keyword phrases on a website to maximise optimisation.
- Principles of Marketing and Evaluation – Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of market segmentation, how to assess market opportunities for new products and services, the principles of marketing strategy development, and how to evaluate the effectiveness of a marketing strategy.
- Principles of Social Media Advertising and Promotion – Demonstrate an understanding of advertising and promotion within social media sites and the use of digital vouchers for business.
- Principles of Social Media Within Business – Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of social media marketing for business.
- Understand Legal, Regulatory and Ethical Requirements in Sales and a Marketing Environment – Demonstrate an understanding of an organisation’s procedures for dealing with legal, regulatory and ethical requirements relating to sales or marketing and the legal, regulatory and ethical limits of the role.
- Understanding the Business Environment – Demonstrate an understanding of the business environment and how it impacts on and is impacted by local, national and global economic conditions.
- Using Collaborative Technologies – Manage and effectively integrate and facilitate the safe use of multiple IT tools and devices so that groups can work collaboratively.
- Website Software – Select and use a range of advanced website software tools and techniques to develop multiple-page websites with multimedia and interactive features.
- Work Practice – Develop an appreciation of the requirements, practices and skills required to be an effective member of an e-commerce and marketing team.
This is a full-time course of 35 weeks duration. It includes 8 weeks work placement in a company. A number of training methods are used to deliver the course. These include instructions, presentations, demonstrations, practical workplace training, simulated work environment practice, discussion groups, role plays, and giving and receiving feedback. Participants are required to actively participate in the learning process and engage in course work outside of normal course hours. They must complete a number of written and practical assignments and project work throughout the course and keep up-to-date records of their progress. A number of methods are used to assess the participants’ progress and for certification purposes. These include assignments, on-line tests, project work, portfolios, learner records and skills demonstrations.
- Reached the statutory school leaving age.
- Achieved the Junior Cert or equivalent – Leaving Certificate is preferred.
- Good numerical and literacy skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Good working knowledge of ICT.
- Good communication skills, outgoing and team player.
- Interested in developing a career in the e-business environment.
- Previous experience working in a commercial or online environment is an advantage.
Digital marketing is quickly assuming a very important role in the marketing function of more and more businesses. Very large companies have marketing departments with dedicated staff and budgets. In small and medium sized companies marketing tasks are delegated to admin staff in various departments. Many companies outsource their marketing tasks to specialist marketing companies. Graduates from this course will seek positions in line with their experience.