The Electrical Instrumentation craftsperson is concerned with the installation, commissioning, testing and maintenance of electrical wiring systems and services; electrical plant and control equipment; process monitoring and control systems. Modern process plant includes
electrical, electro-mechanical, electro-pneumatic, electronic and microprocessor based systems.
In order to function effectively and efficiently, the Electrical Instrumentation craftsperson must have a broad base of technical knowledge complementary to information gathering and
- Electrical Instrumentation craftspersons are employed in the following areas:
- Installation of electrical equipment and wiring systems
- Maintenance of motors and motor control systems
- Installation of measurement and control equipment in pharmaceutical, food and other industries.
- Maintenance of the instrumentation equipment in these industries.
- Sales of instrumentation equipment.