The aim of this programme is to enable the learner to acquire the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to provide guiding and tour management services for tourists visiting and travelling in Ireland.
For further information go to:
On successful completion of this programme learners will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the structures and profiles of the tourism and
2. Demonstrate an understanding of Irish cultural, built and natural heritage.
3. Demonstrate a range of communication, information and customer care skills to offer a
professional and positive presentation of Ireland as a tourist destination.
4. Develop digital media skills to enhance the tour experience, to promote potential products and
services and exploit employment opportunities.
5. Manage and conduct tours on behalf of a tour operator or as a self-employed guide,
implementing best safety and environmental practice.
6. Demonstrate specialist tour guiding and tour management skills and techniques.
Leaving Certificate or equivalent.