The aim of the programme is to enable the learner to develop the knowledge, skill and competencies to provide administrative support to include; use of office equipment, use of computer applications, document production, managing filing systems and diaries in a variety of office settings.
On successful completion of the programme, learners may progress to further education and training.
– Understand how information is processed within organisations and the various systems and
methods in use and to enable the learner to operate effectively, under supervision in a range of
– Produce a range of documents to a mailable standard, within a minimum speed of 35 words per
minute. Demonstrate the use of Word Processing software to produce documents in a variety of
contexts to a mailable or publishable standard.
– Provide effective customer service within a range of environments.
– Develop a database design, create a database and perform routine operations; outline a range of
typical uses for databases; describe essential database concepts; explain the purpose of query
views; import and retrieve data; construct forms and create reports in a format suitable for
emailing and printing and use additional resources to solve database problems.
– Create and modify spreadsheets under supervision, using common spreadsheet features.
– Work in an organisation or specific vocational context, carrying out vocationally related tasks
over a period of time, independently while under general supervision.
– Plan and achieve realistic work goals.