The Professional Tourist Guiding programme is designed for people who provide or wish to provide guiding services to visitors in a city and its wider environs and to provide a range of regional and local guiding services to visitors. It will equip participants with the professional, technical, social and administrative skills to offer a quality guiding service to a range of market profiles
- Business Start-Up Overview
- City cultural and Natural Heritage
- City Tour Management
- Customer Relations/Interpersonal Skills
- Digital Marketing Tour Guiding
- Irish Cultural and Natural Heritage
- Occupational First Aid
- Work Experience
Instructor Led Training
- Applicants must have reached the current statutory school leaving age.
- QQI Level 5 award, Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification, and/or relevant life and work experience.
- Good numerical and communication skills are essential, including verbal and written command of the English language. Must have good basic computer skills or have completed a Basic Computer Skills Course. Applicants must be self-motivated, eager to learn, outgoing, friendly personality. Must be able to integrate and relate to a variety of individuals and groups. Working knowledge of a second language is desirable.
- Some relevant experience in the tourist industry is desirable. A full class B driving licence is desirable.